RSlinx loading on bootup

RSLinxCP.exe

Scooter;

If you got that PIC_DH485 stopped and deleted, look for a program called RSLINXCP.EXE in the same folder as RSLinx's. If you double click it, it brings up the control panel for RSLinx. Click stop if RSLinx is still running and uncheck the "Always run as service box" at next boot up RSLinx should not startup on its own.

Larry

p.s. Sometimes we have a VERY hard time shuting down the driver. If you shutdown RSLinx, disconnect from the PLC then restart RSLinx it will usually allow you to stop and delete the driver.

Another thing I have had to do to delet was uncheck the AutoBrowse button before I could delet.

RSLinx_Uncheck.png

Well I still am having no luck with this.
I tried Leadfoot's suggestion using msconfig and found a autoex batch file pertaining to Rockwell, I shut off the batch file to no avail.

Ihughes39 idea also was a bust as there is no RSLINXCP.EXE in the RSLinx Folder.

I actually tried the RSLinx Help and it says to go to:
"Start>Programs>Rockwell Software>RSLinx>RSLinx Launch>Control Panel.
Of course that is not there either.
It also says you can not configure a the PIC driver if RSLinx is running as a service only as an application.

I think that the Lite version of RSLogix is just to "stripped down" to have these features. My RSLinx came with the RSLogix starter version.

I am going to "let this dog lie" for now as it really is not a big problem.

Thanks all for the input....
Scooter