RSLogix 5 program notations

I agree with Bit_Bucket_07.

we have almost 75 plc 5's and nearly as many slc500.

when I open the plc 5 program, it always points to the last program I opened.
same for the slc 500.

james

I've never had RSLogix automatically open a different file from the offline file that I open prior to going online. If there is a mismatch, the software alerts me and searches for other files that might match the target processor. I then have to either select one of those other files from a list, or choose to upload the program and merge it with the documentation in the offline file that I already have opened.

My apologies,

I reread my last post and I need to clarify what I meant.

we have 75 plc 5's and each plc has its own folder containing the programs.
when I start rslogix 5 and try to open a file, the program opens in the last folder location I had open.

Bit_Bucket_07 - thanks for the post, i was in a rush - pc issue and i had to run.

james

My apologies,

I reread my last post and I need to clarify what I meant.

we have 75 plc 5's and each plc has its own folder containing the programs.
when I start rslogix 5 and try to open a file, the program opens in the last folder location I had open.

Bit_Bucket_07 - thanks for the post, i was in a rush - pc issue and i had to run.

james

I'm afraid that my post was a bit confusing. I was really referring to several prior posts in this thread which stated that RSLogix would automatically open a different file from the offline file that was opened prior to going online. I've never had that happen to me, even when there was a mismatch.

Of course, I don't typically connect to a PLC with the "who active go online" method, so the software may behave differently when doing that. It's been a few months since I've even worked on a PLC5 at all.

What is the "proper way" to convert a 6200 program to RSLogix 5 ?
In checking the converted file have the notations in the wrong place.