rslogix 500 activation

Just checked install disk. I have 2 disks, version 3.01.09, and 4.00.00 The PC O.S. was windows 98. I don't know if that makes a difference or not.

like I said, earlier versions.

Very early, I'm surprised the disk haven't turn to dust.

I am pretty sure that as long as you do not install RsLinx, RsLogix 500 will work without the activation. Once RsLinx is installed with it, you have to have the activation.

I just installed version 8.10 of RSLogix (no RSLinx) on a virtual machine that had no other Rockwell Software. It came up with the notice that the software was not activated. It will run for 7 days (with a nag screen) but after that it needs a license. I have a couple earlier versions around here somewhere. I'll give them a try and see if I can get it to work.

OG

update: 8.00 same result. No go.

Last edited:
I just installed version 8.10 of RSLogix (no RSLinx) on a virtual machine that had no other Rockwell Software. It came up with the notice that the software was not activated. It will run for 7 days (with a nag screen) but after that it needs a license. I have a couple earlier versions around here somewhere. I'll give them a try and see if I can get it to work.

OG

update: 8.00 same result. No go.

Seems like I read something about CPR9 or later products have the nag screen. My versions were quite early versions. Your best bet would be as randyrjohnson2002 suggests.

I would use the USB drive to switch activation between computers. This link may be of help
http://rockwellautomation.custhelp....Xh0PW1vdmluZyBhY3RpdmF0aW9u&p_li=&p_topview=1

Then just have the software pull the activation from the USB, as opposed to moving it to the hard drive.
Or upgrade to a 2 install license. Other than that, maybe take advantage of the offer from randyrjohnson2002