RSLogix 5000 and ASCII strings

dgrockwell

I am trying to send a command string via the serial port of a Logix5555 processor to an Omron RFID controller.

Using a SLC 500 I can send this command string: ARA1000A1E*^M ,and get the desired response.

Using RSLogix5000 with the port and user protocol configured exactly the same, I get a response from RFID controller of "wrong command format".

Does the 5000 send a string differently than the 500?

Thanks,
Frustrated

dgrockwell said:
I am trying to send a command string via the serial port of a Logix5555 processor to an Omron RFID controller.

Using a SLC 500 I can send this command string: ARA1000A1E*^M ,and get the desired response.

Using RSLogix5000 with the port and user protocol configured exactly the same, I get a response from RFID controller of "wrong command format".

Does the 5000 send a string differently than the 500?

Thanks,
Frustrated

make sure the termination characters are the same

user_clgx.jpg

user_slc.jpg

Thanks for the reply. I figured it out. I had to use the string browser to write the CR. The whole string counted as one less character than the string I was trying to send.