Rslogix 5000 aoi

cmgrath7093

I am currently working on integrating Vin Verfication into a PLC via calculating and verifying the check digit. Is there an AOI for this or is the only way of doing it through multiple steps in ladder logic? I already have the logic made I am just wondering if there is an AOI that already takes care of this?

It is no different than programming regular logix logic other than you get a nice custom block at the end with inputs and outputs. Just scroll down to Add-Ons and right click and select new. Select your language and get started. When you make a new tag if the outside of the block is setting the data you need to define it as an in or an inOut same with any outputs. Local tags are inaccessible by outside code.

For check digit stuff I would recommend using structured text. Since it is notoriously hard to troubleshoot in studio i would suggest writing it as an excel macro and translating it once it works in excel.