RSLogix 5000 version 15

Maharu

I can't install RSLogix 5000 ver. 15. It can't finish the installation process. It says RSEnterprise have encountered a problem and needs to close...

Then when I open RS5k, there is always a pop-up saying " Is there a server running in this work space? "
Then it will flash an error message saying Fatal Error..
Unexpected CTree Error..
Then there are codes..

How can I solve this one?

My OS is Windows XP SP3..

Thanks!

Then there are codes..

and what are those codes? ...

I searched for your problem and all I could find based on what you've posted so far is that maybe you have logged into the computer system with a user name which starts with an exclamation point (as in !ron) ... if this is your problem, try logging in with a different name – one without the exclamation point ...

if this doesn't solve your problem, post again and include the error codes (posting a screen shot of what you're seeing is best) ...

good luck with your problem ...

" I've tried to log in with a different name but still it didn't wprk. Here are the screenshots of the error. Hope this can help a lot.. "

Enterprise.JPG Fatal Error 2.JPG Fatal Error.JPG RSLogix 5000.JPG Server.JPG

My OS is Windows XP SP3..

Is your OS XP Pro? If not there is your problem. RSLogix 5K V15 will not load if your OS is plain XP, you will need to upgrade to XP Pro to run the software. I do also remember having some issues with SP3 around the time of the release of V15 but I think that related to FT View SE not 5K. Due to this I wound it back and am still running SP2 on my laptop with AB software, however if you have pro and still have issues you might want to try uninstalling SP3 and reverting to SP2.

" Yes I am using a Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 3.. I think the OS is not the problem because I have 3 other desktops having the same OS, the Logix5k is also having a problem in installation process but unlike me, when I open the RSLogix 5000 in the 3 PCs, the version 15 is working normally as if it doesn't encounter any problem upon installation. It doesn't shows the pop up message " Is there a server running in this work space? ". I think the problem is what is that question all about? That's the only thing that keeps me from using 5K having version 15. "