RSLogix AOI and timers

@bernie_carlton, you are completely right. If you use only input and output parameters with no local tags or tags that local tags that are not required to stay true once it scans the routine then you can get away with it. In my example above, all my parameters worked right, including the parameter for the timer once it was no longer a local tag. But if you do that the risk of any future programmer becoming confused would be too great.

@devo.xx, I go back and forth on naming. Arrays are not so bad for me as long as there is proper description. Using individual names is ok but I really like to have everything together by either process or equipment type so I can find them easily among the tags. So starting the tag with motor_ or heating_in order to keep them tidy and my OCD in check.

Similar Topics

Hi. I'll say it again, I worked mostly with Unity Pro for the last 12 years and I'm trying to convert our FBD standard to Rockwell Logix...
Replies
Views
There is a requirement to convert some projects back to Rslogix 5k , I want to check if I can convert version 30 AOIs to version 20 AOIs. Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi, Is there a way to know if an optional input is used? I am programming an AOI for customers. There are 2 inputs A and B. Input B is optional...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I'm working on an AOI that needs a ONS incorporated into the logic. Every time I run the instruction the ONS gets stuck on even when the...
Replies
Views
I've looked and quite a few posts were older so I'm starting this one.... I created my first AOI but it appears to not be functioning correctly...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom