RSLogix does not like online edits

CQ21

Hey y'all

I keep getting this weird message when I attempt to do online edits in my program. Very annoying...anyone have some advice on how to fix it?

Thanks in advance!

Capture.PNG

Sounds like there is an error in your logic, that's why it will not compile. sorry many years since I used RSL but this problem seems to indicate an error in the ladder you are trying to on-line edit.

There are TechConnect articles about this:
https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/66535/
https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/45674

Answer
The error was generated because the user compiled the project by using the Verify buttons on the top of the editor (see graphic below).

1:
After performing online edits, the user should have accepted these edits before attempting to verify them by clicking on the button highlighted below (in the routine area).

Verifying the project without first accepted the edits may lead to the mentioned error.

2: Delete Harmony files.

3: Modify Configure CIP Options setting in RSLinx Classic

How time flies :D
Like a banana. Or was that fruit flies?
I still have to reference that document every once in a while if a newer laptop has RSLogix 500 installed and it's having issues with edits.
Same here. You'd think RA would just change the default RSLinx settings but nope, lock the info on what you need to do behind a paywall instead.

Like a banana. Or was that fruit flies?Same here.

Lol. I remember I was a noob working for an integrator, contracted out to do controls support for a Magna or Martinrea (can't remember which) plant in Toronto on the night shift for a few weeks. Trial by fire basically. Good times.

Success!

I agree RA should really make it default. I just got a brand new laptop and forgot all about this...cheers! (y)