RSLogix...lost my configured drivers

bryplc

Hello, I had an issue with my Laptop in where the Hard Drive Password became active, how I do not know. So after may attempts at correcting I had to have my data recovered by an outside source. I have recieved the recovered info.

I had never done a backup of my configured drivers for RSLinx. I can recreate most, but my Modem configs I cannot easily recreate, phioner numbers ect.

Does anyone know where the data for these configurations are stored in the Rockwell software files?

I don't know if you will get an answer to this other than "contact Rockwell Tech Support".

This would be considered one of those sticky issues - like passwords.

Well, I tried adding a new phone book and it looks like it is not saved as a separate file but is instead a registry setting.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Rockwell Software\RSLinx\RSDialer\Book\

Check that location out. This location stored my phone book name and phone #.

Now, if they "fixed" your computer by reinstalling Windows, then this info won't be there. Even if it still is, you will need to manually recreate your phone book entries using that info.

OG