RSLogix Quick Keys

jthornton

The Quick Key selection is dimmed out in my RSLogix Starter Software. AM I missing something? I followed the instructions in the help file and nada...

TIA
John

It may be that you have not opened a ladder program or on the other hand the ladder window may not have the cursor on it.

I am in the ladder window and it is selected. I am using version 4.50.00 if that makes any difference. I can double click on a blank rung and I get a text box where if I type in xicote and hit enter I get the two instructions on the rung. If I just type in xo (the quick keys mapped to xic and ote) I get an error.

Thanks

garryt1 said:
It may be that you have not opened a ladder program or on the other hand the ladder window may not have the cursor on it.

I have tried what you told me and i have the same problem,if i type in xic ote i get both instructions,but if i type just x or o i get an instruction error string!.I do not use QKM,however i may check the rockwell site to see if it is a software problem.Incidentally i am using version 4.10.00. 🔨

Hey Rick,

My version 4.10.00 is the standard version of rslogix500 as well but still does not work.i have also tried rslogix5 version 5.00.01 and it does not work either.Obviously i am doing something wrong but like Jthornton i am following the help manual.
I never actually tried this before and now it is going to annoy me!!

When I use Ctrl-E to put in quick key mode all of the defined quick keys show up in a banner at the top of the ladder file and the quick keys are functional. If I do not use Ctrl-E to put in quick key mode then I do get the instruction error string! message. I am using version 5.20

Maybe it doesn't work in older versions.

When your right click on the ladder window and select properties, can you see a "Quick Key Mapping" tab? Maybe you don't have any quick keys mapped.

There seems to come as default some keys mapped,however when in the
ladder window and right clicking there is no QKM label.

I have been after the local reseller to send me the latest version for two weeks now and no luck. You'd think that when you buy a software you could at least get up to date stuff....

If you guys think of any thing let me know...

Thanks

Ok, just a reality check here......

Are you online or offline when you are trying this? Because of course the Starter edition of software does not support Online Editing, so that option would very likely be greyed out while Online.

OG

I am offline, the ladder window is seleced...

Any more ideas???

Operaghost said:
Ok, just a reality check here......

Are you online or offline when you are trying this? Because of course the Starter edition of software does not support Online Editing, so that option would very likely be greyed out while Online.

OG