RSLogix - STRING STRUCTURES and Assigning values

adam_t_watson

I want wonderware to take a string from a Control Logix 5000 for example a reason for a pump being inhibited.

I want to use a String Structure named after the pump or motor and have wonderware display it if pump is being inhibited, so i want to be able to write or move a constant into the string in the Ladder Program - (has to be ladder!) - i am used to assmbley/embedded c/c++, but this is not so straight forward in ladder. a list of contants perhaps? help much appreciated !

Let me start by saying I have not used Wonderware, but I'm sure it has the ability to display string values. I would define the sting tag in the controler tag list. In the ladder use a move function to write the value needed. It will require a separate move for every possibility. I do this with an integer, and then convert it to a string valve in the HMI. I find it uses less memory that way, either way will work.

Use User Defined Data Type: String in RSLogix5000 to display the fault messages.

The String Structure if of 1 DINT for the String LEN & 82 SINT for the ASCII.