Import String Array - RSLogix 5000

Nebul0us

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hey all,

I am trying to figure out how to import some alarm messages without having to type them all in by hand. They are in the format of an array of 100 strings. When I do a tag import/export I do not get the string values. Anyone know how I can do this?

Instead of trying to take down the thread, why not share what you learned. Someone else may have the same question.

Fair enough. Doing a tag export/import wont work. To get each string value in the array I was able to right-click copy the tag from the tag database and paste in the new program by going to the bottom of the "edit" tab in the tag database.

Similar Topics

I'm trying to import a .prj file and I keep getting the error message: Project import error. i Any ideas how to get around this? Thanks.
Replies
Views
Good day colleagues, I have a problem with a plc slc 5 since I export the tags to my factory program to load them into a panel view 1000 plus 6...
Replies
Views
hey good afternoon ! I have a simple question, I need to import an Add on instruction to a controller that is in operation and cannot stop. Is it...
Replies
Views
I am very familiar with Studio 5000 PLC programming. And I'm very familiar with C-More HMI programming. But this is my first time using a C-More...
Replies
Views
I am trying to import addresses and symbols from a PanelBuilder32 application into the RSLogix 5 Address/Symbol database - however each time I...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom