RSLogix500 copying data file values off-line

keithb

Hi all.

Suffering from brain fade here. I've just done a search and replace of approx. 400 addresses (4 complete data files) in RSLogix500 V7. The symbols and descriptions have been moved to the new addresses/data files, but how can I now copy the values stored in the the original data files into the new data files? The original data files have a lot of setpoint data that I do not want to have to re-enter by hand.

Note* I'm working off-line here as I don't currently have access to the PLC.

I just checked. You can right click on the old file and copy, then paste it to the new file location. It will move the data, but the descritions and symbols are not affected.

Last edited:
I'm trying to copy a String file from one program (RSLogix 7.20) to another. I get an error: "An attempt was made to access an unnamed file past its end". It works with other type data files; am I doing something wrong, or can't it be done?

Thanks