RSLogix500 - How to Clear Data File?

Grendizer

Hey all,

I have:
30 Float Data File each containing 256 elements. I want to clear the values of all the 30 Data Files, how can I accomplish this?

This is in RSLogix500

Thanks,

I would make another Float file of 256 elements of 0 then just COP it to the files you want to clear. You can do this one rung at a time or if you want to get fancier, use indexed address.

Thanks for the reply.

1766-L32BXBA
MicroLogix 1400, 12 digital fast 24V dc inputs, 8 digital 24V dc inputs, 6 relay outputs, 3 fast 24V dc outputs, 3 normal 24V dc outputs, 4 Analog (12 bits) inputs, 2 Analog (12 bits) outputs, 24V dc power

I would make another Float file of 256 elements of 0 then just COP it to the files you want to clear. You can do this one rung at a time or if you want to get fancier, use indexed address.

Nice! That would work.

One question thou, if I create indexed address, how do I cycle through all of them? Use a counter or something?

Another way is to use the FLL command with a source of 0 (constant).

In either case you can only copy or fill file up to 128 "words" at a time. Since a float is two "words" this means four instructions per file in 64 element blocks.

If the files are consecutive, try something like my example. This will zero out all 256 elements in 30 consecutive files taking place over 30 PLC scans. If you need them all done in one scan, then a LBL and conditional JMP could be added in:

erase files RSLogix500.jpg

Last edited:
Another way is to use the FLL command with a source of 0 (constant).

In either case you can only copy or fill file up to 128 "words" at a time. Since a float is two "words" this means four instructions per file in 64 element blocks.

If the files are consecutive, try something like my example. This will zero out all 256 elements in 30 consecutive files taking place over 30 PLC scans. If you need them all done in one scan, then a LBL and conditional JMP could be added in:

Thanks for your solution, I will look into it now..

Thank you @OkiePC

Your solution is beautiful. I took your concept and modified it a bit. Also used JUMP-LBL (even thou I hate doing this).

You're awesome!