RSLogix500 PID toruble

still nothing

Ok... I just did exactly as the pics shown above and the PID still doesn´t answer... The only way I can get any response of it, is by manually typing the "Control Ouput CV (%)"... Any other way I don´t get anything out of the PID block.. =S

I'm confused. You said in post #8 that you did not have any hardware.
How are you trying to make this work without hardware?

I understood that you had a working processor - but no analog input or output modules ... is that correct? ...

you must have at LEAST a working processor to get into the game ... post a complete list of what you have to work with ... if it's just RSLogix500 software (no processor) then you're pretty well stuck with just reading up on the subject ...

let us know and I'll try to post some more stuff later today ... gotta go - students arriving as I type ...

That's right Mickey. No hardware, I'm designing this and simulating it. I'm using only software for this. I'm working on the desing of the control system with SCADA also, using RSLogix500, RSView32, RSLinx and RSLogix Emulate 500... I first show the working project and then get to go on the hardware...

That's right Mickey. No hardware, I'm designing this and simulating it. I'm using only software for this. I'm working on the desing of the control system with SCADA also, using RSLogix500, RSView32, RSLinx and RSLogix Emulate 500... I first show the working project and then get to go on the hardware...

RSLogix500 Emulate does not support the PID instruction. See PDF below for more info on that. AB knowledgebase article I.D. 22170

Last edited: