Rslogix5000 Array Question

Michael_Baker

Hi all,

I'm trying to access a variable address in a shift register. I have used BSL with an array DINT[20].

Now I wan't to access shiftregister[20].variable --> How do I access this? (So operator can change the place of blowout on HMI)

Thank you for your reply.

//First time user of allen bradley

Check the help file and look up indirect addressing. Basically you have it already. If you made varible a DINT Tag the operator could write to that tag and enter 0-31.

Michael, you will need to put your variable name that addresses the bit number in square brackets, e.g.

shiftregister[20].[variable]

You must also either....

1. provide limit checking so that variable cannot be less than 0 or greater than 31

or,

2. write a program fault routine to trap the specific error, and deal with it in your code.

Hi all,

I'm trying to access a variable address in a shift register. I have used BSL with an array DINT[20].

Now I wan't to access shiftregister[20].variable --> How do I access this? (So operator can change the place of blowout on HMI)

Thank you for your reply.

//First time user of allen bradley

If your DINT[20] array is called shiftregister, then shiftregister[20] does not exist.

0 to 19 is 20 elements.