RSlogix5000 Extend Branch up

Paul Nieves

I noticed Rslogix5000 does not have the ability to extend a branch up like the rslogix5 software. Obviously a work around is to add a branch and drop and drag the first OTE down.

Has anyone ever noticed this?

It bugged me so I contacted RA and they told me that it does'nt have that option.

Yes but if you have several outputs in parallel and you want this particular output statement at the top. Perhaps a bunch of movs.

You want this output to be scanned first so it is not as high as a priority as one of the outputs underneath.

Its critical that this be inserted first. So extend down a branch, than you must move the first old existing output down, than drop and add the new. An extra step. (rslogix5000)

In the rslogix5 you start on the existing output, extend branch up than drop in the output instruction.

Last edited:
In addition,

I program unscheduled routines in rslogix5000 because it does not have the ability to use CDM's like the rslogix5 software. And now i dont want a watch tags, i want a table with values.

ARRGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Its critical that this be inserted first. So extend down a branch, than you must move the first old existing output down, than drop and add the new. An extra step. (rslogix5000)

First moving the old branch down is not necessary.Just add a new branch level. Add your output to it and then drag it to the top.
The old one will automatically get moved down.

As pointed out by Michael,this feature is very useful because in case of multiple branches you can just drag and drop the new branch to any desired level.

.. And now i dont want a watch tags, i want a table with values.

A provision for that is also provided in RS Logix 5K:

Monitor Tags.jpg

Last edited:
Gents understand me please. I can work around but i always like to learn.

Please read my conversation from rockwell.

[11:07:23 AM] Hi, my name is Jaroslaw, I'll be with you in a moment. In the meantime, go ahead and enter your question in the Chat window.
[11:08:25 AM] Paul Nieves : Hello In rslogix5000 I want to know if you have the ability to extend a branch up instead of extend branch down only.
[11:09:14 AM] Paul Nieves : In rslogix5 both options are available and its convenient if you want to extend a branch at the top and drop everything down
[11:09:42 AM] Paul Nieves : I work around by dragging the first instruction at the top down
[11:14:14 AM] Jaroslaw: ok, one moment , let me check
[11:23:19 AM] Jaroslaw: I`ve verified that and it looks like there is no such an option in RSLogix 5000
[11:23:39 AM] Jaroslaw: you can expand them down
[11:25:19 AM] Paul Nieves : OK thanks for verifying expand down will the work the same?
[11:25:58 AM] Jaroslaw: no problem
[11:27:50 AM] 'Paul Nieves' disconnected ('Concluded by End-user').

I will try what you fellas suggested. I already know a work around but want to know if thats just as fast as the rslogix5.

Thanks,

gents, respectfully, Paul

First moving the old branch down is not necessary.Just add a new branch level. Add your output to it and then drag it to the top.
The old one will automatically get moved down.

As pointed out by Michael,this feature is very useful because in case of multiple branches you can just drag and drop the new branch to any desired level.

A provision for that is also provided in RS Logix 5K:

So i can create a table for maint personal that is global?

So i can create a table for maint personal that is global?

The table that I showed gets created automatically, you do not need to create it.

I will try what you fellas suggested. I already know a work around but want to know if thats just as fast as the rslogix5.

Another quick way I can suggest is to just type in the code as shown in the pic:

Branch addition.gif

Last edited:
RSLogix5 didn't have an icon on the toolbar to Extend Branch Up, so they provided a right-click option.

RSLogix/Studio 5000 provides an icon on the toolbar instead of hiding it under the right-click menu.

Also, the "Watch" option is how you provide a custom list of tags for your users. You can save multiple tag lists and pull them up again in the future. You can mix Controller Tags and Program Tags on one view.

The Monitor Tags window mentioned earlier is a raw tag list of all Program or Controller Tags. While it can be filtered and sorted pretty effectively you cannot save custom views like you can with the Watch window.

There is a Custom Data Monitor Tool for the 5000 software but it requires RSLinx as an OPC server. Frankly, since the Watch window permitted saving custom views I haven't gone back to the Custom Data Monitor tool.

OG

branch.JPG