RsLogix5000 split screen rung jumping

Paul351W

I've noticed that when I am editing rungs with the ladder editor screen split in RsLogix5000 that if I add a new rung in one pane, the other pane will jump to that same rung.

This is very frustrating when I am trying to use the split screen to replicate several rungs in the program and I have to keep scrolling back to where I was in the upper window.

Is this just a program querk, or is there some way to turn this feature off?

Anyone have any suggestions? I ran into this again today, and even tried opening another separate ladder editing window, and when I make a new rung in one window, the other jumps to the same rung.

I can't understand why anyone would want the program to work that way.

I have just tried this on Vers 16.

If you just drag the window splitter bar, then yes when you edit below the split, the upper pane will update to the edit rung.

But if you open a new window, and tile them horizontally, they remain independant.

Perhaps you are using an earlier version than 16...?

I had to bring this thread back, because I had been using the suggestion above, but the software has now started acting the same as in split screen modes.

I am opening 2 separate logic windows in order to more easily copy logic, but every time I add a new rung in one window, the other window automatically jumps to the same rung, even if I had focus on the tag browser before the window I am making changes in. When I am trying to replicate a rung from 25 or 50 rungs above in the program, the jumping is extremely irritating.

Why not make a copy of the file you're using and open it separately then just use alt-tab to switch between files?

I guess that is an option, but it is much more convenient to have it on the same screen, plus I got used to working that way in RSLogix5, so its a bit of a habit now.

The thing that really gets me is with the "new window" open, I got it to stop jumping again somehow, but I'm not sure what did it. I will have to play around some and see if I can figure it out.

Sure seems to me like the RSLogix5000 software still has a lot of bugs/glitches compared to the RSLogix5 stuff.