RSViev Studio startup problem

Hundikoer

Hi Guys

I have a problem starting RSView Studio 3.20. Shortly, if I try to run the program, nothing happens. RSLogix 500/5000 and RSLinx work normally.I also tried to un/reinstall etc. No help.

Any ideas?

Yes, all softwares are CPR6.
Now Iam scanning third time my harddisk for viruses and spywares. Hope it helps. I'll keep you informed

BR
Lauri

Are you running RSLinx Enterprise as well?? I remember a problem with loading/running projects because of this.
On the other hand, RSView should at least startup regardless....
Just a thought,
mike

arrowpilot said:
Are you running RSLinx Enterprise as well?? I remember a problem with loading/running projects because of this.
On the other hand, RSView should at least startup regardless....
Just a thought,
mike

What version of Linx are you running?
I remember having to upgrade in order to get things working properly on my setup.

I see noone reads the links. Note it says splash screen appears/disappear, this can happen very fast.

Problem:

When starting RSView Studio, the splash screen appears and disappears, but RSView Studio never starts.

Observation:

When RSView Studio was installed, the user entered special characters as part of the name and company information requested during the installation process (e.g. !@#$%^)(&*). Then when trying to run RSView Studio, the above problem would occur.

Solution:

In the registry, go to:
  • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{32FF6F27-37C3-46E9-B39E-56CD420415D1}
and edit the "RegOwner" and "RegCompany" keys so that their values do not contain special characters. Then exit the registry and restart RSView Studio.

NOTE: Another registry location that contains the same information (but has no effect on solving this problem) may be changed as well to provide consistency. Go to:

• HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Products\72F6FF233C739E643\InstallProperties"
and edit the "RegOwner" and "RegCompany" keys to match the information contained in the registry keys above.

rsdoran - I did read the KB doc, but I cannot start even TaskManager and Regedit.exe , so my PC is probably screwed by some kind of virus. I will give my laptop to IT guy on Monday and I keep you informed about results..
By the way, I am in the hospital now, as my wife (and I) wil get a baby. Fingers crossed

Just for information.

The problem was that my PC was full of blody viruses.
As I did not have any virus protection program (what an idiot I am), it is quit easy nowadays to get some worms.

Anyway, now it's working again.

Big Thanks