RsView 4.0 historical trends

manasi

Hi All,

Can anybody guide me for configuring historical trends of analog data?
I am using RsView version 4.0 and Micrologix 1200 Plc.

Regards,
Manasi

manasi said:
Hi All,

Can anybody guide me for configuring historical trends of analog data?
I am using RsView version 4.0 and Micrologix 1200 Plc.

Regards,
Manasi

Are you using RSView ? 32 or ME or SE

In all the above, to Read Historical trends you need to set up a Data Logging Model to store the values in real time, so that they are able to be read as historical data at a later time.
Without a data logging model you are resticted to reading a trend pretty much in real time where data gets held in a limited buffer normally only whilst the display is active or still in cache.

There are lots of people who can help in this forum so if this does not help please ask a more specific question to get more responses

Once you build the data log model don't forget to add a line into the startup macro to START the data logging automatically.

When you program the models in Studio you can start the logging manually via a command line but if the system ever gets rebooted it wont re-start automatically without the macro.

One other thing is to make sure windows .net framework 2.0 is NOT installed otherwise the data logging wont function.

Gil47 said:
Are you using RSView ? 32 or ME or SE

In all the above, to Read Historical trends you need to set up a Data Logging Model to store the values in real time, so that they are able to be read as historical data at a later time.
Without a data logging model you are resticted to reading a trend pretty much in real time where data gets held in a limited buffer normally only whilst the display is active or still in cache.

There are lots of people who can help in this forum so if this does not help please ask a more specific question to get more responses
hi,
Thanks!!!

i am using RsView Machine Edition version 4.0. I have already added the required points in data logging models. but i am unable to see the historical data on panel View+
How can i see the hostorical data on panel view and how can i take its back up?

Regrads,
Manasi

When you create a trend, you can select the data log by, from the Pens page, selecting "Tags from Data Log Model" (or something similar; I don't have ME open right now).

rgurin said:
When you create a trend, you can select the data log by, from the Pens page, selecting "Tags from Data Log Model" (or something similar; I don't have ME open right now).
thanks!
Actually i haved tried that before...anyway i will try oncemore...

Manasi