RSview ME Data Log/Trend Problem... no history

and...

js1024_Data_Log_Screen_4.jpg

Now for the Trend photos: (note I am trying diffent formats for the tags to see if I can determine what one works... so far only live data from the plc works... pen 1 and 2)

js1024_Trend_Object_Screen_3.jpg

and finally where I need to put in the proper tags to pull the data from the system. What I don't know is the system knows to get the data live from the plc and when it gets it from the storage log of the data model.

js1024_Trend_Object_Screen_7.jpg

WOW... that was lengthy. Hope someone here can see my silly mistake. I would be really greatful to anyone who can resolve this.

Thanks again and sorry for such a long post.

Brett

brettdawnj said:

Have you tried using the System Default path, to see if it works from there as I wonder about the custom path name that you are currently using.

From memory it appears you have most of it set up as I would expect to see it.

If I was to pick on something else I would give the syntax of the tags a good check as they don't seem to be as I remember them on my projects.

Brett,
I had the same problem recently. The tags in your Datalog model need to be HMI tags not Online/Offline type. Did you check the box "Start data log" under start routine? (I don't have my application to hand but it's near the top of tree)
Roy

Brett:

Whay you have done is correct, I have done trends in PV+ so many times and always use a CF memory to save data. The only thing I see is that the custom path I use is always " Storage Card2\logs" not the one your using. Please try change it probably will solve your problem.

The tags in your Datalog model need to be HMI tags not Online/Offline type
This is only required if you are using 'On change' tag update. I have many trends running fine without using HMI tags

Comments on Gil47 suggestions:

(Try using the default storage instead of the external CF): Yes, my original set-up tried to use the default storage location and this didn't work either. Then I switched it to storing on the CF location in the event that the internal default storage didn't have enough space. (Also, try different syntax on the addresses): for this, I have tried many without luck... this is why I posted the actual screen prints to see if someone finds my syntax in error)

Comments on Roy's suggestions:

(make sure the start-up is checked): Yes, I did this as shown in the first screen print of this thread

Comments on Wilelto's suggestion:

(use " Storage Card2\logs" and not " Storage Card1\logs"): Tried this and it didn't work. Reason I left it at Card1 is when I download the the compact flash it is going to "External 1" and not "External 2"

Comments on AZJ's suggestion:

(OK to use none HMI tags): not sure how to get to just HMI tags, as I have been using tags from the PLC

Interesting... I just added diagnositic screens to my application to see what the system can tell me. Here is what I am getting (leaving out what I think is normal messages non-related to this issue):

Model Run Ratio History Started

Data Logger: Invalid Tag Type. Tag '[compactlogicplc]Run_Ratio_1st_Trend"

Data Logger: Invalid Tag Type. Tag '[compactlogicplc]Run_Ratio_2nd_Trend"

The tag '\storage card 2\logs\Run_Ratio_2nd_Trend' has not been activated

The tag '\storage card 1\logs\Run_Ratio_1st_Trend' has not been activated

The tag '\storage card 1\logs\Run_Ratio_2nd_Trend' has not been activated

The tag '\storage card 2\logs\Run_Ratio_1st_Trend' has not been activated

I WISH I WOULD HAVE SET THIS UP LIKE THIS PRIOR TO THIS, BUT I DIDN'T WANT THE OPERATOR TO SEE SYSTEM MESSAGES... but this is great for troubleshooting.

From the above, it appears my model is starting, but the tags in this model are not correct. Now that I have gotten my tag browser to work, when I drill down on this, I can not find this tag in the browser directly... in fact, the only tags I find in the browser are Timers, Counters, and Data Registers that are multi-element style (more than one location in memory, like arrays, etc). I think this must be why I get this 'Invalid Tag Type' message.

What I might be missing is how to set up the tags for the Data Model. Do I need to have these set up as an array and then call out of the array (ie. does my "Run_Ratio_1st_Trend" and my "Run_Ratio_2nd_Trend" need to be a DINT of 2 words instead of 2 separate DINT's?)

Any assistance or advice on this would be great.

Brett

Brett:

Send me a pm with your email and i will send you a copy of one of my applications that´s been working for months using trends and saving data into a CF memory.
Probably you will see in my example something that you have missed in yours.

Bill,

Thanks for sending me your sample application. I have studied it closely and can not find anything different in what I am doing and what you are doing.

The only thing that I can think that is not allowing this to work is somehow the way I have my PLC data integer set up. I only say this because I can not directly see the "Run_Ratio_1st_Trend" and "Run_Ratio_2nd_Trend" DINT's directly in the tag browser. The only thing I can see is those elements of memory that the tag is taking up multiple locations.

Perhaps if I solve the issue of why my tag brower doesn't show all words of memory for selection, then we might be on to something. With your tag browser, can you see and select even single DINT's that are not part of an array?

Any chance you can send the PLC logic for this application so I can see if this is somehow related?

Thanks for all you efforts,

Bret

Update on my last comments... my tag browser is working correctly. I was just not looking in the base folder for all the individual single register tags (like a DINT).

I am still getting from the Diagnostic Screen the following:

Datalogger. Invalid tag type. Tag '[compactlogicplc]Run_Ratio_1st_Trend
and
Datalogger. Invalid tag type. Tag '[compactlogicplc]Run_Ratio_2nd_Trend

I went back into the project and made sure that both these 2 tags were pulled directly from the "online tag browser" and put into both the "Data Log Model" and the "Connections" tab of the trend chart. Still get the above issue... not sure why this tag is listed as "Invalid tag type".

Has anyone seen this before, or any suggestions on what to try next?

Thanks everyone for your assistance,

Brett