RSView ME Displaying/Archiving Custom Messages

pickerel

I would like to be able to display custom events and messages that I trigger in my PLC project on the AB PV+ HMI.

I'm currently using RSView ME (Studio) and a Compact Logix L35E processor.

Is there any graphic object(s) that I can use to display a list of messages (like a history listing) that are trigger by the change of state of a variable and that time and date stamps each of these messages/events as they occur?

I've looked through the help at Diagnostic Lists, Information Message Displays, Local Message Displays. From what I can tell these will not accomplish what I wish to do. Looks like most of these only display one message at a time and older messages are overwritten with the newer ones.

Ultimately I'm trying to track Operator actions and system events as they occur so that when I need to troubleshoot the system I have a history of these.

pickerel,

Displaying "custom messages and events" is something that RSView was made to do very well. It has the "EVE" function that allows you to track practically any event at periodic intervals (1 second, 1 minute, etc. and record the time and date) However, to show those events on the PanelView display, you will have to set up a custom screen, which will be limited by the physical space available on each display screen.

Lancie1 I think you are thinking of RSView32 instead of RSView ME. There is not an Event function in Machine Edition.

Pickerel, it sure sounds like you want Information displays. Maybe even Alarming (without displaying the alarm screen).

Maybe read a little more on Information setup. I really think that is going to be what you want after all.

OG