RSView ME emulate by RSEmulate 500?

ckchew666

Hi,

1) I'd like to ask if I want to run RSView ME with RSEmulate 500 (programmed RSLogix 500), what is the driver I need to set in RSView ME?

2) DO I need to run RSLinx Classic?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks.

1) OPC topic in RSView ME is setup in KepServerEx (another software purchase differently), right?

2) The tag will all be in OPC addressing format? So, if I want to download the program into actual hardware, then I have to change all the tags again?

I'm using RSView ME version 4.0.

Last edited:
RSView ME can use any OPC server; KepServer Enterprise just happens to be included with it. RSLinx Classic (OEM or better) is a very common OPC server to use with RSView ME, but you could use a server from any vendor as long as it complies with the OPC 2.0 Data Access specification.

What I've done with RSEmulate 500 is to define the OPC topic name and use RSLinx Classic as my tag server during development and testing, then when I'm ready to connect to the real hardware I delete the OPC Topic in RSLinx Classic and create a FactoryTalk Shortcut with the exact same name.

That's not an officially sanctioned method, but it has worked for me.

RSView ME can use any OPC server; KepServer Enterprise just happens to be included with it. RSLinx Classic (OEM or better) is a very common OPC server to use with RSView ME, but you could use a server from any vendor as long as it complies with the OPC 2.0 Data Access specification.

What I've done with RSEmulate 500 is to define the OPC topic name and use RSLinx Classic as my tag server during development and testing, then when I'm ready to connect to the real hardware I delete the OPC Topic in RSLinx Classic and create a FactoryTalk Shortcut with the exact same name.

That's not an officially sanctioned method, but it has worked for me.
hello all friends
thanks for all
am a new evelopper od scada by rsview me
i have a problem to examin my application i wish to use emulate 500 with rsview me 4 can any one help me to do this
o prefer if there a totorial by pictures if possible thanks again

thanks