SLC505, Emulate 500, RSView Studio, etc

oldgearhead

I just completed a 256 (direct) tag project, using RSView ME, RSLogix500, and Emulate500. Everything went very well, until I to put it on the 'real' hardware.

After removing the OPC server (used for emulation only), I discovered symtax errors in all of my tags {:cornt:[cornt]}b3:8/1
for example (should have been {::[cornt]}. I think this may have been caused by using the same name for both my Linx shortcut and the OPC server. Does anyone know where I can find detailed step-by-step information on setting up the OPC server required for the RSView, RSLogix500, and Emulate500 trio. I don't want to make this mistake again, and I don't really know what I did wrong....

btw- The direct tag access using a PanelView Plus is very fast.