SLC505 - OPC level - Read Only PLC

DGeiger03

SLC 505s.
iFix 5.1

I need a system so that a coop student canwork on their computer to build a new iFix application, modify screens, and edit their tag database, while being able to READ only from a plant PLC

(via a opc server or something, with tag pass through).

Thus the student can run around on their laptop however they want ‎but there being NO RISK of them being able to write a value to a plc.

Your right,

This time I specified the controller type to be a SLC 505

I also specified that it needs to be an OPC pass through of some sorts (if available)

It would ultimately be another driver that the student will use as a "safe environment"

Similar Topics

Hello. I'm using bootp to set an ip address for a 1747L551 processor. The bootp program immediately sees the mac id and I am able to enter an...
Replies
Views
I am looking at an old program and doing a retrofit on a sorter. Looking at the ethernet interface, see attached pic, I see a path that is =...
Replies
Views
hi, is there anyone that already know how to using remoteio. i find a point io 1734 POINT I/O but that is for the controllogix. i looking for...
Replies
Views
Setting up a Sick Barcode reader to communicate with the serial port of the SLC. Getting the barcode in the following format when I scan...
Replies
Views
hi, I have a slc505 setup. it works for the most part but occasionally(every year or two i get trouble calls for plc faults, this is also the time...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom