RSView ME V4 (CPR7) The destroyer!!!

Latzi

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi Gents,

I,ve go a very interesting problem.I cannot install RSView ME v4.When I try to run the installer (.msi) package or just simply let the installation CD on autoplay when I get to the point of installing RSView ME the installation starts and locks up at the very point you can see on the picture.How cool is that? I've tried every imaginable method ,uninstalled FT and RSLinx Entreprise cahnge the inatllation order ,run the patches from Rockwell site ,edit the registry,manually register a few DLL's and OCX's ,you name it.Bottom line is every software works just fine except RSview Studio.Any ideeas???

My only suggestion is to make sure that no RSLinx programs or services are running in the backgroud when you install. I know this has burned me a few times on other rockwell packages.

Done it all.Disable all Rockwell related services.Absolutely all of them and tried to install it like that but no success.

Latzi

Check your private messages.

For all:
A-B sent me a internal memo for this problem. I don't know if I am allowed to post the answer. Anyone here from AB who can answer that question.