RSView SCADA with DELL SERVER

hinddhindsa

Hi,I have Power Edge 1900 Dell Main server CPU,Its having RSView installed in it,so operator of the plant is doing supervision and control through this system.We want to make the clone of its complete hard drive and download into new hard drive so that SCADA System to be keep on working because this working hard drive is very old and can stop working at any time .Please help me. How it is possible.thank You.

Kangaru makes a hardware device that clones a drive bit by bit regardless of the contants of the drive. its not very expensive and it doesn't require anything to be installed.
I would also recommend SpinRite from GRC.com to inspect, test, exercise and even repair the drive. I would do that AFTER cloning it with the Kangaru device unless the drive is already failing.

Spinrite looks like an old DOS program, and it is, because it needs to communicate with the drive at a much lower level than a modern OS will allow. But it works wonders sometimes. It also doesn't care whats on the drive because it works at the sector/bit level.

Bear in mind that if the software licensing is tied to the drive serial number, neither method will be able to fix that.

Detail of the Hard disk.Dell Virtual Disk SCSI Disk Devices_1028.
Disk:- 0
Type:- Basic
Partition Style:- Master Boot Record (MBR)
Capacity:- 139227 MB
Unallocated Space:- 2730 MB
Reserved Space:- 0 MB
Volume:- (Disk Symbol)- 39 MB
C - 136458MB

Yes, it's possible. Keep in mind that you will need a server version of the software, whichever you decide to use.

Most programs will walk you through the procedure to clone a drive. Very intuitive.

Wait a second. What hardware controller are you using? If you're using mirrored drives (RAID 1), just replace one of the drives. It will restore the mirror. After that happens, replace the other drive.

EDIT: What I mean here is that this will pull you away from the fire a little bit. A good backup plan (including an image of the drive) is till highly recommended.

Last edited:
I personally use the hdclone profesional edition.

http://www.miray.de/products/sat.hdclone.html

Also I strongly recommended to do this right before the system goes to operations. This hard drive can safe you from a long and painful time of recovery. Hard drive are the one of the moving parts of your system other then the fans so hard drive crash is very possible No to mentioned other factors like virus malware or hacked, Cloning is the most safe recovery of the operation NOT the current date or changes but that should be part of the data backup.

SCADA's with windows OS seems to have more damage hard drives vs Linux. In the most recent years I have clone hard drives from Windows NT to Server 2008 Systems and Windows OS for client computers. The HDClone software profesional edition is the best of all the other ones I had tried.

Important NOTE: The part you need to be extremely careful is to ensure you know the brand and serial number and capacity of the source drive, because software will over write

Last edited: