RSView Studio TAG assigning

alebdun2000

Hey Guys , why if I am creating project for Panalview1000+ ( using studio) and on one of my screen there is a button "Start-Stop machine" and want it to use as "parallel" working with physically wired start-stop button on panel, I am using same input bit,assigning to my button on screen, let say Local:2:I.Data.0 then after "test" the screen it doesn't work ( communication Ok, ) , If to say :" this is not a tag" then creating Alias to this Local:2:I.Data.0 DOESN'T HELP eather, even this is a tag already.....only it works if I create parallel instraction to already existing "start-stop" instraction in programm and use its own Tag, then I can trigger from screen. What I am doing wrong.???????

the assignment you are choosing is a dedicated I/O module for Input only in this case - so it will be overwritten by the physical state of the input
- use B3... or N7 values etc.

thats fine sorry - the same sitution is still the issue.
you are overwriting the screen via the Input module.
set up a BOOL tag - 'switch_on' or similar use that.
you may select the LAMP function and use the Logical Input there if you wish
for either the on state or the off state.
but the actual bit operation will always be overwritten.