RSview Studio Tags

JOLTRON

Lifetime Supporting Member
In RSView Studio I have created a new tag in a project and accepted it. But When I go into "connections" tab under properties the folder and tag I just created do not show up. Do I have to update the tag database or something. Im used to WinCC Flex you just enter the tag then can use it.

thanks,
-Joel

There are 2 ways to create tags in RSView studio. Under RSlinx enterprise tab you can create shortcuts to online or offline direct address tags in a PLC project.

you can also go to the system / tag database and ceeate project tags there similar to the older programming schemes.

Good Luck

Last edited:
I created it in the system/tags

but the folder I created doesn't pop up when I try to select a tag for an indicator.

I'll try the other way.

Thank you so much.

In WinCC Flex you don't need to refresh after adding.

Now I know.