RSView Studio One Pushbutton Two Tags Two PLC's

NBJamie99

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello all, I am using RSView Studio 4.0, and was wondering if it was possible to have one maintained pushbutton toggle a tag in each of two PLC's?

Thanks,

Jamie

It's been a while since I've used Studio 4.0 - have you tried stacking two buttons, one on top of the other, each button with one of the PLC tags?

There might be a cleaner way to do it... anyone know?

Yes it should be.. First you should create a macro that will set the tag to the value you wish. You will need two expressions in your macro to set the two tags. If it should toggle to the opposite state it is in now, you might try an expression like:

If {Tag1} = 1 Then 0
Else If {Tag1} = 0 Then 1

Then you should link the macro to a macro enabling pushbutton.

There is no direct way to do this. Write to one, and use messaging between the two PLC's.

Stacking objects is not the answer, even if View would send click actions to both (it won't) if they ever got un-synchronized, you would never know it. Potentially dangerous solution.

Thanks for all the quick responses. I had thought about stacking the buttons, but as rdrast said, there is a potential for disaster. In my particular case the PB would trigger a signal which is still hardwired to the other PLC, so technically both would not need to have that input. But I thought I would ask for future reference.

The real kicker is that I am pretty sure this is easily done in proface HMI's, but then again, I am partial to that software anyway.

Look foward to hearing anyone elses ideas.