RSView32 Datalog index file corrupt

Just Some Guy

A client is running an RSView32 station strictly for trending and reports, but the station hung up the other day and had to be ctrl+alt+del \end process and ever since, the project wouldn't stop loading when it was run.

After investigation, it was narrowed down to the index? or record? files in the datalog folders (.DNS & .DLG) - When I removed them (index files) and replaced them with older copies (2014) the project would load.

The problem is that with this older index file we cannot access almost 2 years of records. We are trying to reinstate the corrupt index files but haven't met with much success editing with word or a hex-editor, since we don't know what characters & formatting is required at which points.

Anyone have a magic bullet?