RSView32 Datalogging

Marie1982

Hi,

I want to datalog some data when a boolean tag is set to 1. I'm using an event, triggered by that tag, and its action is the following command: Datalogsnapshot Cell3

Cell3 is the name of my datalog model. It is set to be triggered on demand.

At the startup of my project, a macro is executed and both the event and the model used are started with the commands EventOn and DatalogOn.

Thing is, nothing is working, and a datalog file is created at the startup of my project. I did some tests, and it seems that when I use the DatalogOn command, it doesn't just start the datalog model, it also creates a datalog file with data in it.

Anyone knows how to solve my problem?

oh, and I'm using RSLogix Emulate 5000 to run my PLC program, which will later be run on a FlexLogix PLC.

Thanks

Marie

Do you show any errors in the Activity Log or Activity bar at the bottom of the screen when you stop the project?

I experimented myself, and added a DataLog called Cell3 and put some of my own existing tags in it.

Then I added a button on the screen, with the command DataLogOn Cell3.

Then I added a button on the screen, with the command DataLogSnapshot Cell3.

Once I started my project, and pressed the DataLogOn button, every time I pressed the DataLogSnapshot, I would get a snapshot in the log file plus a couple more. Apparently it logs once when it starts, and stops as well.

Try opening your data file in excel and see if you are getting data in it.

Last edited: