RSView32 error need help

Hi, every time I open my rsview32 project it gives me an error "fails to update Source DSN" I have a hunch it is because I am using windows 7 64 bit operating system. If this is the problem can I run a virtual operating system that is 32 bit? Thank you for any help. I need to figure this out ASAP

You are correct: RSView32's database driver is not compatible with any 64-bit operating systems, so RSView32 must run on 32-bit operating systems.

I strongly prefer VMWare, but you're going to need XP or Windows 7, depending on the version of RSView32 you need to install and maintain.

RSView32 is well represented in the RA product compatibility website.

According to the product compatibility website, RSView32 version 7.6 is compatible with Windows 7 Professional SP1, 32-bit edition.

The old database drivers were an issue with FactoryTalk View Enterprise, too: version 7 of that product migrated to a whole new SQL Server database engine, so it's compatible with 64-bit operating systems. But the process of migration, and backwards compatibility, is understandably a little rocky.