RSView32 File write, corrupts data

Rickmmmmm

PLC Experts,

I have written an RSView32 application that generates a CSV file based on a trigger from the PLC. Each day a new file is created and data is logged to that file after each test cycle of the machine (about once every 5 minutes). The majority of the time all works well.

However, after reviewing the data files 1 out of every 10 or 12 files is filled with corrupt data. Opening with Notepad reveals gibberish characters.

Here is a section of the code that appends to the file.

Sub AppendtoIndivRejectFile()
Open ATDFile For Append Access Write As #1
Print #1, gTagDb.GetTag("JULIAN_DATE"); ",";

etc.......
Print #1, gTagDb.GetTag("IND_C_5_SEL"); ","
Close #1
End Sub

ATDFile is a string containing the filename.

Has anyone run across something like this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Rickmmmmm

Don't quite know why you are writing to a csv, except to import it into an excel spreadsheet, wouldn't it make sense to log to a Access db using a datalog setup then use excel or access to read the data based on date & time?

I do this all the time however I have never tried writing to a csv so cannot help you with that problem, suggest you open another file within the same routine & write some text into it & see if this also gets corrupt data at the same time

This is a retrofit job. The customer already has a system in place that uses the CSV file. The CSV file is a text file. Just with data seperated by commas.