RSView32 to FT SE Display problems

Bob O

I am having issues with a View32 project converted to FT SE Network. Some of the tags appear to be working fine while others are not. If there is a tag error on a display screen will it prevent the rest of the tags/data being displayed on that screen? The working tags and nonworking tags are all in the same folder using the same short cut.
Also, does FT SE have a tag monitor like View32 or something similar...Can't seem to find it.

What version of FT SE are you converting to? Is it distributed or stand alone? The tags that are not working, are they all on the same graphic? Is there anything different about the tags that don't work, maybe they are alarm tags? Did you apply the patch rollup before you imported the project.
There is no tag monitor for FTview that I know of, but in studio you can create a blank graphic, then create a Numeric display and point it to the tag you want to test. Then you can test the display in studio,(using the test graphic display button), to see if that tag is functioning. Look at the diagnostic list at the bottom of studio and see if you see an error like "tag xxx not found on any server." This would indicate a tag path issue, it may have been corupted during the conversion process. Check each one very cafully to insure that they imported properly.
These conversions don't always go as smooth as we would like. Check out Tech note 27708 for further details about known conversion issues.

Found the issue. The offending screens are pointed to SLC with NET-ENI. We changed some setting per the KB and the data now appears. We have the old system and the new system on the network and they [the NET-ENI] can't pass that much information so this is a work around while testing but should be fine once the old system is taken offline and the setting returned to default.

Thanks