RsView32 PrintDisplay to PDF to non default printer

robbo

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hey fella's,
wonder if someone can help me out here?

I have been doing some 5pm reports to the default network printer for a few months - I come in next day, and all the screen dumps are waiting for me in the printer which is good.

There is a new request now. Need to either:

1..print a screen dump to a different network printer once a day
or
2..convert a screendump to pdf once a day (probably event driven) and save it on the network somewhere.

Just looking for commands to change the default printer etc for a minute, or commands to send to a different printer etc

Tah.

Robbo, It is probable that your "screen dumps" are being controlled by a Visual Basic file running inside the RSView32 program (possibly controlled by an Event in the RSView32 Works "Logic and Control, Events" menu). If that is the case, you would have to edit that VB file to change the default printer address.

On the other hand, if the screen dumps are simple screen prints of the displayed screens, then you can set the default printer from the Windows Start menu: "Start, Printers and Faxes", then right-click on the installed printer that you want to be the Default, then select "Set as Default Printer".