RSView32 V6.4 backup computer

brian7619

Hello,

I am currently running an RSView32 project on windows xp sp2 and am looking to create a backup PC in the event of a failure. When i try to run the project on the backup PC the screen appears transparent, with no data as if there is a communications problem. When i check RSLinx i am connected to the PLC (SLC 5/05) through the ethernet port. All of the settings in the System Channel and Node are the same on both PCs. I have also tried deleting the cache files on the backup PC which i saw as a possible solution in a previous thread, but had no luck. Kinda stuck on where to go next. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Brian

Check to see that you have RSLinx Enterprise on the backup computer. Just any version won't work. I have something similar happen to me before, where RSLinx was "seeing" the processor, but RSView wouldn't read any data. After some head scratching, we found that we had the wrong version of RSLinx installed. We installed the proper version of RSLinx, and it solved the problem.

The backup computer does have RSlinx lite while the original has RSlinx professional. I'll try installing the professional version on the backup.
Thanks for the help

The difference between RSLinx Lite and Professional is that Professional is Licenced. You need a Licence for it on the Backup computer. I think RSView 32 can still use direct drivers but if not you also would need to use an OPC topic.

The comment above about RSLinx Enterprise was erroneous as RSLinx Enterprise is not used with RSView 32.