RSWho / RSlinx shows no driver or workstation

sandhiman

I installed RSLinx Classic OEM 4.21 and tried to configure a Ethernet/IP driver on it, but in the RSWho window I cannot see the workstation or the driver I configured. See attached image.
Deleted Harmony.hrc and Harmony.rsh files, rebooted. No luck. What am I missing??

EmptyRSWho.JPG

Welcome to the forum.
the workstation will not show up.
double click on the ethernet driver you have configured and type in the ip addresses you want. it's been a long day.
if you want to configure a new driver, click add new, select the driver type, name the driver and click ok, then add the ip addresses.
i hope this helps. if i am incorrect, someone please correct me.
james

Well that's a new one for me! Here is what I would try (omitting the Harmony steps you've already taken).

• Uncheck the Autobrowse field. Click Refresh and then select Autobrowse again
  • Use Run as Administrator and see if that does anything. If you were able to install it without having to do this, I wouldn't think it would be necessary, but you never know.
  • Try repairing the installation
  • Uninstall and reinstall

You mentioned RSLinx 4.21. What operating system are you installing this on?

And James, I'm sure you've seen it hundreds of times and just misunderstood what he was referring to...the "Workstation, MYPCNAME" item always appears at the top of the RSWho window even if you don't have any drivers created. The individual drivers appear below that. You are correct of course in that underneath the Ethernet driver, you won't see your own workstation appear. They are just referring to something else.

OG

RSLinx.png

Thank you OG. This is the first time I am seeing this as well.
My OS is Win2016 Server. Its a vm, not sure if that makes a difference, because I have multiple 4.12/4.11 installations on other virtual machines running without an issue. I did try the first three steps, time to do a full uninstall / install i guess.

I un-installed and installed RSLinx, but the same behavior persists. I checked the install logs and found the following. Could this be an issue? I could not find any help on these errors online

Registering CLSTATSERV.DLL - 'DllRegisterServer' successful.
Registering CLGTWY.DLL - LoadLibrary() failed.
The specified module could not be found.

Registering PLC5C_DH.HWX - 'DllRegisterServer' successful.
Registering PCCC.HWX - 'DllRegisterServer' successful.
Registering DNET.HWX - 'DllRegisterServer' successful.
Registering WORKPLUS.HWX - 'DllRegisterServer' failed, error 80040201
Registering 1756CHAS.HWX - 'DllRegisterServer' failed, error 80040201

This seems like maybe a permissions issue with those items not registering. Rockwell has a couple other suggestions.

I'm not sure if this applies to Server 2016, but they suggest disabling User Account Control.

They also suggest checking the computer name and make sure there are no regional characters used in the name.

OG