Rugged Extreme Laptop Video

I have one of these and yes it is rugged but they are just to heavy and the screen resolution sucks. I hate having to scroll around to see all my logic on the screen for larger programs. I actually program differently so I can get less logic on a rung so I can see it all but end up having to scroll up and down a lot.

On mine I have replaced the mother board once, the usb ports once, and the hard drive died on me also.

If Dell would bump up the resolution on the screen and add a couple of more USB ports this thing would be a nice laptop. The Legacy card option that plugs into the CD drive slot is a nice option.

It comes with a serial port on it as well as an additional ethernet port. It is handy for connecting to multiple networks. At one time I managed to get connected to my corporate network, and two PLC networks and if I had to I could have connected via serial.

I like the flip option on the new ones but my company will not order anything with touch screens.

thanks for the "downside" comments ... I've got enough common sense to figure out that the cool video wasn't giving all of the details ...

"On mine I have replaced the mother board once, the usb ports once, and the hard drive died on me also."

That alone will stop me from buying one.