Rumor about PLCs.net expansion - Is it true?

Phil,
Really excellent idea, if you incorporate motor, valve and sensor type icons you could expand it to drag and drop the IO with automatic electrical wiring. You could then flog it off to every tafe course in the world to really show newbies how to connect, program and run an automated control system. Just an idea that I toyed with a couple of years ago but was too slack to persue. Best of Luck
Steve D

Phil Melore said:
... no I didn't, at first. Now I see it's our own Akreel - the radio guy. What's next Aaron, tv? Gbradley's got one too.

I'll have to read them both when I get a few minutes...
This may explain the sudden increase in traffic. :)
I'm glad you guys found me!

Finally an update...

Well, last week I promised some more details about the PLC simulator. I never posted any... but got some PMs reminding me I said I would.

So... here's a quick view from one of the many help files. It shows the screen and 'general functionality' of the simulator. Should be enough to 'get a taste' of the program. Click here to watch the presentation (about 2 minutes long).

Thanks to synchronization issues... the help files will not use voice after all. :cry:

And yes, it's certainly still on target for Nov 7.

Enjoy,

Eric Nelson said:
Did you remember to add an hour to the countdown timer?... :oops:

🍻

-Eric

It works off the server 'clock' so it should be accurate.
But changing the one in my car...always a chore :unsure:

So...
It doesn't like my user name... I can't get in...
Now what?

Shouldn't it recognize that I'm already logged in?