Rumor about PLCs.net expansion - Is it true?

Phil I have created 2 simple programs. The first one was a simple one button flip flop. The other was a timed flip flop (or flasher) ckt. I have not gotten either to work properly.

The flasher ckt does something really strange. The T/2 contact on the first rung loses its address and the question mark appears when I run the simulation. Here is a screen shot of that program, its named flasher2.
simflasher.jpg

I thought it might be me so I closed the simulator then went back and logged on, the file save but without any addressing.

Last edited:
i think Phil takes some holiday, after this no.1 project :)

It's great and we can only guess how much time it taken, i would like to play more with that, but... i have similar problems, just most simple things run here ...

I wonder if this can be caused by some incompatible sw on my side (flash version?) ... and what i REALLY WONDER is ... what's powering the logic, care to tell? :)

You can alwasy count on us to break stuff...

rsdoran said:
Phil I have created 2 simple programs. The first one was a simple one button flip flop. The other was a timed flip flop (or flasher) ckt. I have not gotten either to work properly.
The first thing I tried with the simulator was also the 'classic' flip-flop.

| INPUT ONE-SHOT
|----] [---------------------( )
|
| ONE-SHOT OUTPUT OUTPUT
|----] [---------]/[-----+---( )
| |
| OUTPUT ONE-SHOT |
|----] [---------]/[-----+

I had the same results as Ron. The addresses drop back to question marks.

🍻

-Eric

P.S. I has zero problems with registration though... (y)

"You can alwas count on us to break stuff..." :)

Eric Nelson said:

| I/0 I/1 O/0
|----] [--]/[------------------( )
|

...this is what works to me only

... question marks appear when switching into run mode or deleting branches ...

yup ken hit the nail right on the head the old "enter" key i am just glad it wasn't hit "any" key because i am still looking for that !

flash.JPG

flip.JPG

Nice work Phil!

First a suggestion.

Would it be possible to give descriptive tags to the I/O possibly in a sidebar?
That way I can label an input 'stop' etc.

Second, what was the increase in site traffic on the release?

Brian

The old 'enter button'....

Yes. Hit the enter key after entering ANY VALUE.

Note also that the time base for the timer is ms (ie. milliseconds 1/1000s) 100 is recommended but 10 or 1 works fine to.
See here also for more timer details.

.plc files can also now be saved to the forum. (although the downloads section is encouraged since they tend to get buried in the forum.

Regarding tags for the i/o... it's in process of creation now. The tags will probably appear under the symbol since there is space.

Also in process is printing capability... plus some other surprises o_O I'll leak one-by-one.

I didn't check the traffic to the simulator yet... but I can see hundreds of folders on the server which tells me quite a few folks created an account there.

Please suggest other features and feedback any bugs.

Enjoy,