S-115u cpu943b plc

tagore_c

In S-115u cpu943b plc i removed eprom & battery then i done the overall reset , after overall reset , i put the switch in run mode
(only with power supply & cpu i am not inserted any i/o modules) i observed the stop led continously glowing.in step5 ISATCK observed(stozus,stoanz,keinas are red marked).is it possible without any modules & without userprogram the cpu will go run mode or not.
pl explain .

No other errors in the IStack

yes i treied with S5 Software to put the CPU in run mode .i observed the display it will not go run mode see the IStack.In IStack stoanz, NEUSTA,keinas errors observed.
is it possible without any modules , without userprogram,without IM306 the cpu will go run mode or not.
pl explain .

tagore_c said:
No other errors in the IStack

yes i treied with S5 Software to put the CPU in run mode .i observed the display it will not go run mode see the IStack.In IStack stoanz, NEUSTA,keinas errors observed.
is it possible without any modules , without userprogram,without IM306 the cpu will go run mode or not.
pl explain .

I recall if no IM306 is inserted in the last slot of the central rack, then a terminator was plugged in the last slot in its place.

moggie said:
What position is the NE/RE switch?
If no battery is inserted and the switch is at RE then the cpu will goto fault!

See attached flowchart

s5_restart.jpg

i need the EPROM(27C256) hex file of S5-115U CPU943B 6ES 943-7UB11 .
this is the not user program .i need the CPU Internal Eprom hex file.
in my cpu hardware problem i.e internal EPROM was erased.anybody help in this regard.

If you did the overal reset without the battery and then added the battery some time later then the memory may still be inconsistent. Either install he battery and then do the overal reset or do a memory clear from the step5 software. Then force the PLC to stop and then do a cold start from the Step5 software; the PLC should go into run.

From memory the PLC should work without an IM305/6 in fixed slot addressing mode.

Nick

i try to transfer the data using step5 for S-115u cpu943b
(6es5943-7ub11)plc i find that FB238 TO FB251 blocks are not permitted.but i try to transfer from PLC to program file i got from FB240-FB251 are getting.but not FB238&FB239.i feel FB238 &FB239 also should come. is it hardware problem or not.

i want to check s5-115u cpu943b .i am having cpu,power supply,one 16 ch digital output card & motehr board.i am having s5 software with cable.how to write the program and checking.pl give the sample code.pl give like one DO 'ON' for 5sec and 'OFF' for 5sec like flash type.

FB238-251 exist in Eprom in the CPU so no fault there.

Maybe you could find someone local with S5 knowledge who can help you test the processor?

Try this in OB1:
STL
l s5t#5s
an t2
sd t1

l s5t#5s
a t1
sd t2

a t1
=q 0.0

Substitute Q0.0 for any output that you have.

Good luck.