S5 Plc and KTP panel connection.

tulip

Our a customer has got S5-95U Plc and OP17 Hmi.OP17 is defect.They want to use a new generation Siemens Simatic basic panel (KTP400,700,1200 etc.).
And we know that this panel and plc have different communication protocols.
My question is; Is there any converter for these two systems to communicate? If yes, what is the order number?
Thanks in advance...

S5 is long gone, looking at the data sheet for the HMI it will not support the S5 connection & does not appear to be a current loop (232) port.
I suggest you either get a re-furbished one or better still replace PLC & HMI. you are going to need TIA anyway to program the HMI

Similar Topics

:yakyak: :bow: Reported Issue : Siemens HMI does not Communicate with Siemens1200 PLC. Sequence Of Events : Checked status of HMI and PLC and...
Replies
Views
Hello People, I need your expertise of Communication problem. I am having a KTP1000 DP and ABB PLC which I need to communicate. Now ABB wants...
Replies
Views
The past week we received a new piece of equipment from Germany which utilizes siemens controls. Typically in our company we use A.B. controls for...
Replies
Views
the conveyor can stop because of a safety sensor or safety switch. And also it can stop because of an object jam detector sensor. If the conveyor...
Replies
Views
Good Day to all of you, this is my first post, i will try to explain as best as possible, english is not my natural language. I am performing an...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom