S5 scan time calculation

Jack Schit

Hi,

I wanted to know the scan time of a Siemens S5-115U 943 PLC. I couldn't find a way to measure through the PLC so I have wrote a little bit of code to give me an idea of the sacn time.

I'm not sure if it is accurate though and I would appreciate any advice!

The code is as follows:

A I0.0
L KT100.0
SE T50
C DB10

AN T50
JC =M001
L KF+1
L DW10
+F
T DW10

=001

****Not sure what happened here, see completed post!!!****

Last edited:
Hi,

I wanted to know the scan time of a Siemens S5-115U 943 PLC. I couldn't find a way to measure through the PLC so I have wrote a little bit of code to give me an idea of the sacn time.

I'm not sure if it is accurate though and I would appreciate any advice!

The code is as follows:

A I0.0
L KT100.0
SE T50
C DB10

AN T50
JC =M001
L KF+1
L DW10
+F
T DW10

=001

****Not sure what happened here, see completed post!!!****

What i used to do to monitor scan rate was to program a spare DC output,

AN Q0.0
=Q0.0

one scan the output is ON, next scan it is OFF.

By looking at the blinking rate of the output LED, i knew the scan rate was twice the rate of the blinking.