S5 to s7 conversion, but the code is locked!!!

I recon you get a lot of warnings from the s5-s7 converter program when you process this code. The code is indeed not straight forward. An aspect is that the function blocks may be coded for several types of S5-CPUs, and only parts of the code is relevant for the actual cpu type. The system areas and indirect adressing methods using akkus and adress registers can differ a lot. If you aren't quite familiar with s5 I bet you will run into some frustrations.

God Bless!
Kalle

Kalle: you are right! It is very hard for me to deal with such a complicated program. But thanks for supporting me
L D: I am comparing the file you have sent with the one I had at first place, I have detected 23 changes and I am trying to find out the idea of these modifications :)

Kalle: you are right! It is very hard for me to deal with such a complicated program. But thanks for supporting me
L D: I am comparing the file you have sent with the one I had at first place, I have detected 23 changes and I am trying to find out the idea of these modifications :)

The changes can be so simple as the naming of the labels. I would not care to much about this. I mean that the FB69 is ready to be converted.

Post the rest of your FBs, and we will try to help you. Now I'm going out to get drunk, but tomorrow is a new day:D.

Kalle

Kalle and L D I can not find the appropriate word to appreciate your work! Just thank you so much!
Eventually I got it :))
So it was two locks one at the beginning and one at the end,
At beginning: 2D 02 65 00 è 2D 02 00 00
At the end: 30 40 65 00 è 00 00 65 00
One thing else I am falling in love with this forum :D
Cheers,

I used to work with an ex Siemens employee, he showed me how they used to do this. They would write the code and put spaces before the code started.

They would load it onto a PLC and have a 'lock code' block. This block would write to absolute addresses, it would need a FB ID as an input parameter.

On running the code, it would modify the block header to change the code start address to after the spaces and write in the block end instruction in machine code in the spaces.

I used to work with an ex Siemens employee, he showed me how they used to do this. They would write the code and put spaces before the code started.

They would load it onto a PLC and have a 'lock code' block. This block would write to absolute addresses, it would need a FB ID as an input parameter.

On running the code, it would modify the block header to change the code start address to after the spaces and write in the block end instruction in machine code in the spaces.

ThanX so much for this!

Frank

Here are some of the blocks.
FB6 RAD-GP = SQRT in S7. You will find the substitute in your S7 library under S5-S7 Convert. FC68 (or was it 89 - don't remember).
FB38 RETTEN - used for saving global data M's, RS' in conjuncion with interrupt-OBs.
FB39 LADEN - opposite as FB38 (loads back from store)
FB44 DBCOPY - you probably will use SFC20 BLKMOVE instead
FB120 SEND - used for communication. Not relevant in S7.
FB176 IPD-REG, this was full of tricks and JURs (jump relative).
I don't have the time to figure out how cut it to network pieces to make it saveable. A printout is added. You will probably cut the block after the heading to see how S7 parametrizes it, and try to use one of the standard S7 controllers, f.ex. CTRL_C instead.

Good luck!
Kalle