S7-1200 High Speed Counter w/ Shaft Encoder

I had Siemens tech come out to site and take a look and he does not know why it is not working either. He is doing research and will get back to me. I'll update when we figure it out.

Don't know why I didn't remember this, must have been having a thick day or two.

Have you reduced the input filter values, they come set way to high to use inputs as High Speed. Double click on the PLC, go down to Digital Inputs, Input Filters, set that down low enough to match your maximum pulse input rate.

Also don't forget to add the :p as given in my first post, otherwise you get an out of date value of pulse count.

Don't know why I didn't remember this, must have been having a thick day or two.

Have you reduced the input filter values, they come set way to high to use inputs as High Speed. Double click on the PLC, go down to Digital Inputs, Input Filters, set that down low enough to match your maximum pulse input rate.

Also don't forget to add the :p as given in my first post, otherwise you get an out of date value of pulse count.

Boom. That did it. I appreciate everyone's input and advice!

Jason