S7-1200 Timers, HMI and memory

pothead

Hello all,

i'm new with S7-1200, and i have a problem,
I want a timer and enter the time with an o/i field on the HMI and store it in the memory. so theat the set value remains after power has been shut down.

please help

The io field that the hmi writes to needs to be retentive. If you create a db it is by default retentive so you can stick it in there. Or you can create a retentive m area under cpu properties from memory.

In S7-1200 DB are not retentive by default. You have to check 'Retentive' checkbox inside DB.

Create DB with type Time. Assign that db field to timer's input.
Connect the tag with HMI, do the scaling as default scaling is in miliseconds, and voila.

Similar Topics

Hello Just started to work with the KTP400 HMI and s71200, and basicly I'm a beginner to the whole PLC world. All I want to do is be able to...
Replies
Views
Hey all! Long time reader, first time poster! I have an EA9-T7CL and an MicroLogix 1200 connected via DF1. I'm all good and got everything mostly...
Replies
Views
I have a micrologix 1200 that will run one of three different timing sequence, depending on which input is triggered. I'm trying to find the best...
Replies
Views
Hey guys, I am trying to 'seal' in a timer to execute some logic on a one-shot. Below is a screenshot of what I have set up thus far...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a question about an encoder that has absolute measurement. Specifically, it's the Lika SMA5, which I would like to connect...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom