S7-300 CP343 to Intouch v9.5 using DASSIDIRECT.

itchyfingers

Hi,

I've been trying to get the above setup working. I could do so for IOs and i can read and write to them without any issues. However, when i try to read an m bit, i cna't seem to do so. I seem confused by how i should be calling / readining the point from Wonderware. Can anyone advise how i should do so? i tried using 'mx5.0' and 'm5.0' in the item names to read from point m5.0, but i can't seem to read anything. I've tried reading through the help file but that seems to confuse me even more. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Seems like i'm replying to myself, but we did manage to resolve the issue. the address convention was wrong. To access e.g. M5.0 bit in Siemens, you would have to specify the address as MX5.0. Just that and it works.