S7-300

COWBOY

Hello,

Can anyone tell me how to transfer data blocks from one S7-300 to another S7-300 via MPI.

COWBOY

The easiest way is to use SFC67 (X_GET) and SFC68 (X_PUT).

On the DEST_ID pin put the MPI address of the partner CPU (e.g 16#3)

On the VAR_ADDR pin, use the 'any' pointer to define where the data is to be put in the partner CPU (e.g P#db1.dbx0.0 byte 8)

On the SD pin, again using the 'any' pointer put the place where the data to be transfered is stored.

What I have described there is for SFC68 (X_PUT)

SFC67 is slightly different:

VAR_ADDR - any pointer - the address on the partner CPU where the data to 'get' is stored

RD - any pointer - the address where you are going to store the data got from the partner CPU

Hope this helps

Paul

Hello, Cowboy;

You can use the SFC65/66, X_Send/S_Rcv, to exchange data between S7-300/400 CPUs over "Unconfigured" MPI connections. This means that in the parameters you must enter the MPI address of the partner CPU and a job identification number for the coordination of the data exchange.

One suggestion: for the SD and RD parameters, use a ANY pointer in byte format; this seems to cause less errors for the exchange of data;
for example:

SD (send data info)= P#DB10.DBX0.0 BYTE 64
translates to "send 32 words of data starting at the first bit of the first byte of DB10". Check on the format of the ANY pointer in Step 7 help if this is confusing.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier