S7 project trying to recompile

Longhorn

i have an S7 project which has several hundred blocks with about 60% of them written in SCL. i had to add a new function and to keep all the project the same decided to write it in SCL. i wrote the source file and compiled it which added it to the blocks folder. but now everytime i try and check the reference data it asks to regenerate or update. no matter which selection i make it requires me to say yes to recompiling each block. i have tried checking block consistency and compiling all but it makes no difference.

is this because all the SCL is generated from the sources folder?

Help!!!

Cant offer much help.

SCL is written as a text file that is stored in the Source folder. The generated block is stored in the Blocks folder. So it is normal.

Did the Check Block Consistency finish succesfully ?

Hey Jesper,
It finished with some warnings which i need to look into, its the fact that when i try to regenerate the cross references it simatic manager automatically opens up the source file and tries to recreate the function call from the source??????...must be a setting somewhere or an automatic generate from sources setting?????????/

cheers anyway

LH

Last edited:
ok i managed to dig back to a previous backup and find the source file for two FC's which were causing a compiler warning as no source file could be found, modified to suit version in PLC and recompiled whole project, updated reference data...all is sweet. we now have the first 100% valid backup since 2008 lol!!

Thanks Jesper & LD

LH